Saturday, December 20, 2014

Transfers and the Last Sunday With Recruits



Well, transfer calls is always a nerve racking time.  I will be leaving Beaufort this week. It has been a bittersweet time. but i wouldn't have chosen a better way to end it here. 

On Tuesday we had a great experience. We went up to an apartment complex to try one of our old contacts. He wasn't home, but as we went downstairs, Jeremy came out of his door, taking out his trash, so we stopped him and talked with him.  He wasn't really too interested, but he loved asking questions, so it was a good time. And then his neighbor came out and he told her to listen to us, it was pretty cool haha.  

On Friday we had an appointment that was set up by the sisters, it was with a guy they had met last week. They told us that he was in a wheelchair, but all there. Our lesson with him was incredible. We talked for almost an hour and a half. He has had an incredible life and so many spiritual experiences. He had a brain aneurysm when he was 7 and now he is 32. It was amazing.  

On Saturday we went out to the airport and saw our friend Jerry's plane. It was fun! He is awesome! He's been flying for 63 years. He is awesome.  





On Sunday, I was so grateful it was a fast and testimony meeting. The best way to end time in a place I call home - both for Parris Island and Beaufort.  I bore my testimony to the marine recruits about "an island that God forgot about", and how they truly found God. After I bore my testimony, one of the male recruits who is new and not a member, got up and bore his. It was amazing.  I really am going to miss those Marine Recruits so much.. as missionaries we joke about a bad lesson being one where they bring up Kolob (this'll be awkward if someone doesn't know..) anyways, in Sunday School in Parris Island we broke up into small groups to answer questions. It was great, except for the fact, the first question I got asked was "What is Kolob?"  ugh!! haha, it was funny though.  Back in Beaufort, I bore my testimony again.. It was hard on me to stand in front of my family and say goodbye to them..  So many good memories with all of them..  It sure is going to be hard to leave them.. they even threw a party for me.. except it was for the Christmas Devotional.. haha. Oh well.  



Hope you all have a good week!!  I love this gospel!
Elder Bodily

What do you drive to church?

No comments:

Post a Comment