Monday, June 23, 2014

Transfers and Tie Exchanges

Hey y'all.  I can't believe that its been another week. this week has flown.  Not too much has happened..  I'm gunna keep this one short.....  We got transfer calls Saturday night and the news is that both Elder Hillier and I are being transferred. Our car is old, and they are making this a bike area, so President Cottle felt this the best option.  It was hard saying goodbye to all these people I have fallen in love with so much.  I've been out over a year.. and yet I'm not used to this.  I don't think I ever will be really..  

The main experience of this week was Sunday. We had ward conference here in Pearson.  Wow.  Our stake president is one amazing man.  It takes a great man to be able to make a joke about someone being a jigalow dancer and then have everyone crying when talking about an experience that happened during the Sacrament.  The priest was nervous, it was his first time. and with the stake people, it adds to it.  He struggled saying it quite a few times, then the other priest put his hand on his shoulder and said some words, and the priest was able to do it fine.  Our stake president got the boy's permission right after that to talk about it.  The boy has eye problems and is legally blind, but you couldn't tell and so he has to have it memorized.  But he spoke on how probably none of us could do it either if we were in his spot.  Then he continued to talk about the importance of the Sacrament and keeping our covenants.  The spirit was so strong in that meeting, like I said, everyone had wet eyes.  I am so grateful to be able to have been there for Sacrament meeting and as my last here in Pearson.  It helps too when after church there is a huge potluck lunch :)  Wow, it was so good..  



We have spent the last couple days saying goodbye to our members and our investigators.  These 3 months flew by for me.  With transfers come tie exchanges.... well, I think I have quite a few.. hahaha! 



Well, I suppose till next week!  It brings a whole new area and experiences.  I know this gospel is true.  I've read the Book of Mormon, and I've prayed about it.  Just as the Spirit has testified to me, it can to you all to.  

Let's go do some good.
Elder Bodily

No comments:

Post a Comment