Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July and a whole lot of moving

What a week its been. I gotta try and keep this short, but there are a few experiences I want to share quick.. 

I have just completely fallen in love with the Marines. We attended the graduation ceremony on Thursday morning. That was just completely amazing. The 13 weeks they are here, all comes down to this moment. It was incredible the moment they said the word "Dismissed" and moved in formation, and then it just went wild.  The families ran out, the marines run to their families. They worked so hard for it, and now they have completed. We even saw one guy standing in formation, lean over and puke a couple times, but still kept standing there..  

And on Sunday, church was incredible. We had a new member recruit come, and he brought 3 of his friends! He is a returned missionary from the Tuscon AZ mission. He was really cool. Such a great RM. Doing missionary work still.  One of his friends had lots of good questions, and after testimony meeting he came up to me, and he said, yeah, I think I'm really interested in learning more.  The spirit was so strong there.. my words can't even begin to explain the emotions felt there.  I never want to leave here.  I have fallen in love with the Marine Recruits. 

The rest of this week was filled with moving people.  Wow. we moved 3 families.  So much stuff.  I am just thankful no one has had a piano yet. 

We had success in finding some new people to teach this week!  In the last couple months, they have had like 7 baptisms, so our pool is almost empty, but it is slowly being filled. I am grateful. 

Well, by the pictures, it was a good week. I found me a Holand jersey in a little Mexican tienda!  It was awesome!!  Funny thing, the day I bought it, Holland beat Mexico..  Whoops. Haha.  Oh well.  And on the 4th of July, I had to dress up in the most American stuff I had. so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREEDOM.  Cuz we don't know the birthday of America, because the Jaredites weren't that good at records.. :) 

I love you all! Till next week! 
bye bye









No comments:

Post a Comment