Monday, August 4, 2014

Happy August!



I can't believe that it's August already.. crazy.. this past week flew by.  I am turning into a Marine Recruit.. throughout the week I look forward to Sunday! I love being with them, and I am continually impressed by their attitudes and their spirit they bring. When we walked in this Sunday, the whole right side of our little room was filled with men and no women.  About 20 marines, all in uniform.  It was awesome.  A lot of new faces.  Right before we start, the sister missionaries walk in, and are shocked and they say they'll be back, they're gunna go "recruit people for church" haha.  Well,, a minute later they come back with  7 women.. 6 of which were brand new 1st weekers, 4 of which were members. So we had a good crowd!  

Brother Tanner Jones was interviewed for baptism and that'll happen next week before service. We also have 2 of our marines, who are both members, graduating this week.  It was an exciting feeling. With testimony Sunday, they were able to bear their testimonies... the spirit was so strong.  Rct. Blake is doing some amazing missionary work.  He brought 2 more guys with him this week.  Neither being members.  One of them actually got up and bore his testimony of Jesus and his life.  The hard part is that they are here for such a short period of time.  I don't want to leave these recruits.  Good thing I will be here for at least 6 more weeks!  Transfers came and gone with no change between me and elder Ah Fook.  One of the spanish elders is being transfered though.. sad day. 

So this morning we decided to go catch a sunrise on Hunting Island... only a storm was rolling in, but it was a beautiful sight. My first time seeing the ocean!!  That was pretty cool.  Last week was a little cove, so not the real ocean.  This week was the real deal. 


The sisters here had a baptism on Saturday.  That was a very neat experience.  Her name is Jessica Bissell, she has been prepared to accept the gospel for a long time.  It was a very neat experience to witness that.  The program was very short, but very spiritual.  She has some amazing friends that are in the church, and that is what it takes.  I've seen it countless times throughout my mission..... members matter.


Well, until next week yall!  I love you and thank you for your support and prayers!

Elder Bodily




No comments:

Post a Comment