Monday, May 12, 2014

Washing a Car and Repentance



It was so good to talk to the family yesterday! I cant believe that is already the middle of May.. The summer is coming, and i can feel it.. the heat is starting to hit. 

This week was a great one.  We had a baptism on Friday night. That is always a good time for the ward to grow closer together. It was a beautiful service. None of the girl's family are members of the church, so this was an ice-breaker for the whole family!   Like I said this week was a great one. 

We met a lot of new people.  We walked through this one neighborhood and it was great! We met Wallice while he was out working on his car.  He is 64 years old, and his life has been all over the place.  He has quite the history - used to be addicted to every sort of drug, drinking, smoking, everything.  He said that one day, he just prayed to "the big man in the sky" and it all stopped.  No classes or anything.  It truly was a miracle.  He has such great faith and he is excited to learn more about the restoration and the gospel. He is very animated, which is good.  A lot of these southerners talk quiet and slow.  Not Wallice!  It was nice.  

This week I had kind of an enlightening about gospel principles and something I love to do.. Washing the car and repentance.. We washed the car this week and I was thinking about it a lot. They are so much alike.  This is what I wrote in my journal: " Cleaning the car to me is like repentance: Different stages of the process of cleaning, different tools.  You can take a mud-covered car and turn it into something beautiful.  It's hard work sometimes, lots of little details, but in the end, it is something you will be proud of because you worked on it."   

I also listened to a great talk this week, its called "I love my friends" by Hank Smith.  It was great.  I always have thought about this during my mission, I am grateful for all the friends I have had that have taught me things.. good and negative, all were learning experiences.. I just gotta say, I have the best friends anyone could ask for. 

We went fishing this week and we didn't catch any fish, but hey!  I saw my first alligator!! It was a baby one, but hey, I saw one!  It was so exciting! 




We went over to a members house and celebrated mine and one of the other elders birthdays..  Don't let the cakes trick you.. cuz they did me at first.. a balloon! come on.. hahaha. it was a good time though. 

Pretty cakes . . .

but they were just balloons covered with Cool Whip!


But then they got real cakes!

Well, not much else happened this week..  hopefully this week is more eventful! 
I love this gospel so much. I am grateful for the atonement and the ability to use it in my every day life as a missionary. 

Elder Bodily


The Bishop in his ward took them out to eat.
Kevin had a BBQ sandwich.
I hope they had a case of napkins on hand! 






No comments:

Post a Comment